Thursday, September 8, 2011

Unschooling Philosophy

In the paperwork I filled out for a conference organizer, I was asked to describe my unschooling philosophy, and wrote:

I see unschooling as the ideal application of the 1960's and 70's "Open Classroom" methods, unlimited by school's schedules and physical limitations, but based in the research about human learning and optimal conditions for children's mental health and growth. In a rich, peaceful environment, learning happens all the time.



SandraDodd.com/interview.html
photo by Sandra Dodd, of a bird's nest in England

1 comment:

  1. I really appreciate this post. I hope that all parents have access to this information, these "research about human learning and optimal conditions for children's mental health and growth" ... and they can ... by participating in unschooling, respecting their children and their needs.
    So, in French, here:http://journaljose.blogspot.com/2011/09/philosophie-unschooling.html

    Edith

    ReplyDelete

Please comment!