Saturday, October 29, 2011

What will you regret?


Pam Sorooshian wrote:

"None of us are perfect; we'll all have some regrets. But with my kids 19, 16, and 13, I can now say that I will never say anything like, 'I wish I'd let them fight it out more,' or 'I wish I'd punished them more,' or 'I wish I'd yelled at them more.' I will only ever say that I wish I'd been more patient, more attentive, more calm and accepting of the normal stresses of having young children.

"One interaction at a time. Just make the next interaction a relationship-building one. Don't worry about the one AFTER that, until IT becomes 'the next one'."

—Pam Sorooshian
(whose daughters are now 20 to 26 years old)


SandraDodd.com/parentingpeacefully
photo by Sandra Dodd
__

1 comment:

  1. It's so true. In French here:
    http://journaljose.blogspot.com/2011/12/que-regretterez-vous.html

    With pictures of what we'll never regret ! :-)
    Thanks Pam and Sandra, wholehearted women and moms !

    Edith

    ReplyDelete

Please comment!